Welcome to the BAC Coaching Resource Kit
Below you will find a wealth of information to assist you in coaching various age groups. We have provided you with information on a whole host of topics, from warm ups, team formations, attacking and defending sessions, age appropriate curriculum’s, small sided games, 1v1’s, etc...
The Training folder is organized into several sub-folders as follows:
Tactics/Formations/Warms and Drills.
- Soccer Tactics
- 58 tactics and concepts with simple explanations and methods
- Soccer Formations
- Simple explanations of 37 formations ranging from 4v4 to 11v11. Everything you need to know about formations, with breakdowns of the strength and weaknesses of each, and the requirements
for each position within every formation.
- Warm ups.
- A range of practice and match day warm up activities to help all players start the session at the top of their game.
- 64 small sided games
- Perfect Attacking
- Perfect Defending
- Master Coach. 108 essential drills.
All the above were written by Michael Beale, the ex-coach at Liverpool and Chelsea’s Academy program, and current Sao Paulo assistant manager. Lots of good information, easy to use drills, covering most aspects of match-play through skills and games.
- Tried and tested age related U7-U14 curriculum. Helps you provide plan age-specific sessions so the players learn the right skills at the right age. Highly recommended.
Elite Soccer Magazine:
- Editions of Elite Soccer Magazine. Published by the League Managers Association in the UK. With sessions from famous to relatively unknown managers and coaches from the UK’s 92 professional clubs. Some are complicated but can be easily adapted for junior players.
Soccer Coach Weekly:
- Editions of David Clarke Weekly Soccer Magazine. Proven drills, practice plans and advice from one of the UK’s premier grassroots coaches. A magazine made by coaches for coaches.
- A number of sessions and training plans from academy’s and community development programs in the UK. Including Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Cardiff City and Sheffield Utd.
The Future Game:
- The English Football Association grassroots framework for technical player development for soccer coaching in the UK. 5 years in the making, covers all aspects of development, split into age groups, 8-11, 12-16, 17-21. We have the accompanying flash drives and 250 page practice manual. Please contact David if you wish to borrow them.
- Dutch pioneer of technical coaching in the 1970’s, whose coaches have worked in the biggest clubs in Europe. Making their name in technical, skill based sessions, rather than tactical development. Excellent for younger players. Several DVD’s are included here. Originals are with David. Please contact him if you wish to borrow.
World Class Coaching:
- Skills and drills from one of the foremost internet coaching sites. Lots of good information on a variety of topics.